] That's FUDEBA! :) But sounds great, too... What
] do you think on creating an intermediate, compressed
] file format? Maybe this way the tracker could be
] a lot faster.
I have considered this option but there are too many caveats. Though, I do
use some kind of partly decoded format in-memory. Hence the larger memory
requirements for the steptime editor.

]
] > The advantage of this step time editor compared to the traditional MML editor:
] > - The music is easier to read and edit
]
] I like trackers, too, but... Why doesn't any
] tracker print??? It would be VERY helpful... :(
Uhmmmm. Oops. If I become enthousiastic enough, I might make a print module
for SME.

] It sounds VERY clumsy for me, but if it works it's
] OK. Maybe with 7MHz CPU it gets better, but we should
] switch back to 3.5 to play the tune... :)
I developed and tested it on MSX turbo R. Then the speed is OK.

]
] > The program also runs on MSX2 with 64kB main memory but then you must leave
] > out the step time editor and restrict yourself to the not so user friendly
] > MML editor.
]
] What's the minimum configuration to run the step
] time editor?
I must dig deep in my memory, but I think that 128kB is really the minimum.

]
] > ] Where can I find it?
] > The program is available in dutch. If you are patient, I will put it on my
] > web page. Perhaps even in an English version, that I started to develop a few
] > years ago but never finished. If you are impatient, you can already download
]
] Do you have some feature list for it? :]
See The Ultimate MSX FAQ, in the section about fm-pac. That section describes
a number of music programs that support (among others) the fm-pac.

]
] > a SME3 promotion demo and separate SME3 music replayers from the section
] > "XelaSoft & Merla soft" of "The MSX Plaza". You can also find several SME3
] > musics on ftp.funet.fi, via a link in that same section.
]
] Blast! Funet is SO slow for me... Changing a mere
] directory takes ages... :((
I did not realize it. How about using a mirror? I can remember that a couple
of years ago the MSX subdirectory of funet was mirrored to several other ftp
sites on the world. Unfortunately, I do not remember where they are located
and if they are still on-line. But perhaps you can find them via a search
engine.

] Thanks for all your explanation, Alex Wulms. Please
] let my opinion motivate you for an English release
] for your software and perhaps further improvement
] into it. :)
OK. This will be my next long-term project, now that I have finished the VDP
engine improvements for fMSX.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Visit The MSX Plaza (http://www.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms) for info
on XelaSoft, Merlasoft, Quadrivium, XSA Disk images, the MSX Hardware list,