Hi All,

> Javi Lavandeira, the webmaster of www.aamsx.org, is currently in Japan
> and he had yesterday an interview with Nishi, Yamashita, Yokoi and
> Gotou >from ASCII corp. This is the english translation of the message
> he sent to the spanish MSX mailing list:

Very nice, not many people have succeeded in visiting ASCII corp.

> ASCII wants to make a new MSX. And this is not a rumour. I repeat:
> this is not a rumour. And it is not only that "they want" to make it,
> but actually they are already working on it. It is a three phase
> project:

I dont want to be negative, but isn't it so that until there is
official confirmation from ASCII corp (there is nothing on their
website) it actually still is a rumour? I wonder if it was very wise
of Javi to send this news into the public.

> This emulator is already almost finished and it will be presented on
> Den-yu land 2000.

Great! I'm very curious about this presentatioin.

> The new MSX will have a 100 MHz or 120 MHz Z80 , 4Mb RAM and 4Mb VRAM.
> About the rest of the hardware, they do not know yet exactly what they
> will do, because there is two simultaneous developping works:

I think it is not very wise to talk about specs at this point.
Nothing seems to be fixed.

Tristan

+     Omega     + join #msx on undernet + [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       +
|               |  FUNET MSX maintainer | ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/msx            |
+ irc: OmegaMSX +    Techno composer    + http://members1.chello.nl/~t.zondag01 +

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/