>       How would we describe games requiring a turbo machine
> (ciel with 7mhz for example)? Would they be listed as
> just "MSX2+", with an Extrahardware=5 ("5" being Z80 at 7MHz) ?

But my MSX2 can run on 8MHz ad 3.5MHz. 7.16MHz oscillators are hard to find
nowadays. Hence the 8MHz oscillator was chosen for my Z80H.

Another thing: if you have a game of e.g. 3 disks, how can you ever decompress
it on MSX? It would take ages to decompress....

If you want to do this still, the .msx format is not really usable on real MSX
computers. That is a real pity. I would need other hardware (pc e.g.) to
extract the stuff and use it on my MSX...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>AFAIK, FM-PAC is just PAC + FM. Although I have an FM-PAC, I never saw
>a  FM-less PAC, so I cannot be certain. But it would make sense that
>both SRAMs  are the same, otherwise games that save in PAC SRAM would
>no longer work with  the FM-PAC.

You can check out my PAC if you like (bought one in Japan), but I guess it is
absolutely the same.

Also, the creator ID of the .msx file is quite important. If this succeeds,
there will be many .msx files of the same games. But they can have different
versions or screenshots or whatever... Using a full name seems a rather unique
ID, although not 100% safe...

Just my 2 cents...

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)