> > I'll study how the extended VRAM works :)
>
> In VDP register 45, bit 6 specifies whether you want to access the normal
> VRAM or the expansion RAM.
>
> The easiest way to access the extended VRAM is through port #98. You can also
> use VDP commands to access it, but there is no HMCM command, so you can only
> transfer from extended VRAM to CPU at the pixel level, not at the byte level.
> This is bad, because you have to know the screen mode. Also, in SCREEN5 it's
> twice as slow as transferring bytes.

Aha ...
Maybe it will be too slow for the mapping routine.... Hmm.

I have another question. How can I do to detect if extend VRAM exists or
if not?

There is another trouble: my GT doesn't have extende VRAM, so I don't
know how to test routine :(

Un saludo,

Jose Angel Morente ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
                   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
*MSX DREAMS*       ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

¡Suscríbete a HispaMSX!
http://www.hispamsx.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

msxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsx