Hi,

> > Hmmm I've tried the standard Unix version of fMSX.. It compiled okay but
> > said it couldn't open a window in X-Window...
> The colour depth of fMSX is fixed at compilation time. Does the colour
depth
> (BPP) specified in the fMSX Makefile match the colour depth of your X
server?

That was the problem... Thanks ! I still can't get it to run at the right
speed yet though.. Without parameters it runs way too fast and with them
(-sync 25 -uperiod 2) it runs too slow.. Still it's cool to play Solid Snake
on a Playstation 2 :)

> > From what I've heard mini-GL
> > comes in the form of Mesa which isn't too optimised yet for the PS2
> > hardware.... The main 300 Mhz CPU isn't too powerfull (about 200-300 Mhz
> > Pentium with gcc compiled standard stuff).. The power lies in the Video
> > Units (VU ?) which can do video related mathematics very quickly.. If
they
> > aren't used an Open-GL implementation doesn't really make sense IMHO..
> The VU are the vector units. Since openMSX doesn't do tricky vector stuff
> (just quads specified using 2D integer coordinates), you won't miss them.
> However, support for accelerated texture mapping is necessary for decent
> performance.

Couldn't compile openMSX because of some 'sstream' thingy not being
available. LibXML 2.x was installed...

> But even if GL won't work, you can always try SDL. The PS2 has a very fast
bus
> and RAM, so SDL should be able to push its pixels to VRAM in little time.

SDL works quite okay on the PS2 normally.. Didn't play with the Open-GL
stuff yet..

Grtzzzz Roel..