Thanks for the list!

While doing testing of NIST 800-73-1 PIV cards with OpenSC, some
cards expect to transfer 256 bytes of data at a time, and thus need
readers on the "full lenght" list. No wonder I was having troubles with
an Active Card v2 reader, even after upgrading the firmware.

Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

On 14/09/06, Thomas Harning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:32:57 -0700
Iain MacDonnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> commands.c:1039:() Command too long (260 bytes) for max: 253 bytes
> ifdwrapper.c:735:() Card not transacted: 612
> winscard.c:1481:() Card not transacted: 0x80100016
Looks to me like the reader is one of those that doesn't support full
260-byte commands.
I'm putting together a build that is less hard-coded as to what the
maximum data length is (it's going to be in a 'define').  I don't know
how I would access the actual maximum APDU length allowed...

I had a look on the CCID readers I have and they can be divided in
mainly two parts. Those supporting a max of 253 bytes (max CCID frame
of 263 bytes) and those supporting a max of 261 bytes (max CCID frame
of 271 bytes). You can check for yourself by searching
dwMaxCCIDMessageLength in the readers descriptions available at [1].

Here is the lists I have:

261 bytes (full length):
ACR38U-CCID
ActivkeySim
ASEDrive_IIIe_KB
ASE_IIIe
AU9520
CardMan3021
CardMan3121
CardMan3621
CardMan3821
CardMan5125
CardMan6121
CherryST1044U
CherryXX33
CherryXX44
CL1356T
CryptoIdentity
DellSCRK
DellSK-3106
GemCoreSIMPro
GemCoreSIMPro
GemPC433_SL
GemPC_Express
GemPCKey
GemPCPinpad
GemPCTwin
id3_CL1356D
iDream
KAAN_Advanced
KAAN_Base
KAAN_SIM_III
LTC31
LTC31v2
mIDentity2
mIDentity
MySmartPad
Oz776S
sid800
SIM_Pocket_Combo
SIM_Pocket_Combo
SK-3106
US777-3
US777-5
US777-7
Verisign_secure_storage_token
Verisign_secure_token

253 bytes (somewhat limited):
ActivCardV2
ActivCardV3
AxaltoV3
CherrySmartTerminalST2XXX
HPUSBSmartCardKeyboard
SCR3310
SCR3311
SCR331-DI-NTTCom
SCR331-DI-NTTCom
SCR331-DI
SCR331
SCR3320
SCR333
SCR3340
SCR335
SCR355
SDI010

I also have 3 special cases:
OCS-R03: 251 bytes
SPR532: 260 bytes
Winbond: 128 bytes

So if you have to select a reader you may use this criteria. The SCM
SCR 3310 you have Iain is not is the best list.

Bye,

[1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pcsclite/trunk/Drivers/ccid/readers/?rev=0&sc=0

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>