2006/9/14, Ludovic Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 14/09/06, Thomas Harning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:32:57 -0700
> > Iain MacDonnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > commands.c:1039:() Command too long (260 bytes) for max: 253 bytes
> > > ifdwrapper.c:735:() Card not transacted: 612
> > > winscard.c:1481:() Card not transacted: 0x80100016
> > Looks to me like the reader is one of those that doesn't support full
> > 260-byte commands.
> > I'm putting together a build that is less hard-coded as to what the
> > maximum data length is (it's going to be in a 'define').  I don't know
> > how I would access the actual maximum APDU length allowed...
>
> I had a look on the CCID readers I have and they can be divided in
> mainly two parts. Those supporting a max of 253 bytes (max CCID frame
> of 263 bytes) and those supporting a max of 261 bytes (max CCID frame
> of 271 bytes). You can check for yourself by searching
> dwMaxCCIDMessageLength in the readers descriptions available at [1].
>
> Here is the lists I have:
>
> 261 bytes (full length):
> ACR38U-CCID
> ActivkeySim
> ASEDrive_IIIe_KB
> ASE_IIIe
> AU9520
> CardMan3021
> CardMan3121
> CardMan3621
> CardMan3821
> CardMan5125
> CardMan6121
> CherryST1044U
> CherryXX33
> CherryXX44
> CL1356T
> CryptoIdentity
> DellSCRK
> DellSK-3106
> GemCoreSIMPro
> GemCoreSIMPro
> GemPC433_SL
> GemPC_Express
> GemPCKey
> GemPCPinpad
> GemPCTwin
> id3_CL1356D
> iDream
> KAAN_Advanced
> KAAN_Base
> KAAN_SIM_III
> LTC31
> LTC31v2
> mIDentity2
> mIDentity
> MySmartPad
> Oz776S
> sid800
> SIM_Pocket_Combo
> SIM_Pocket_Combo
> SK-3106
> US777-3
> US777-5
> US777-7
> Verisign_secure_storage_token
> Verisign_secure_token
>
> 253 bytes (somewhat limited):
> ActivCardV2
> ActivCardV3
> AxaltoV3
> CherrySmartTerminalST2XXX
> HPUSBSmartCardKeyboard
> SCR3310
> [...]

Regarding the SCM readers it is a bug in the CCID descriptor. The
readers in fact support the full length. I added a patch in the CCID
driver in revision 2498 [2] to avoid the bug.

SCM is now providing new firmwares with the bug corrected. The list of
bogus readers should be quite small now.

Regards,

[1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pcsclite/trunk/Drivers/ccid/readers/?rev=0&sc=0
[2]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pcsclite-cvs-commit/2007-March/002663.html