On 4/5/15 10:15 PM, Didier Dambrin wrote:
That's not at all what I was saying. I only wrote that additive synthesis could be used for an identical result to a KS, with better control on the filtering.

please accept my apology. i did not correctly grok what you were saying Didier.

of course additive synthesis can make an identical result to *any* other synthesis method as it can pretty much create an identical result to any sound, musical tone or otherwise.

i'm sorry for misunderstanding and misinterpreting what you wrote.

bestest,

r b-j

------
It can sound exactly the same, with the added benefit that you have full control on the filtering.

lemme understand the claim: Karplus-Strong can be made to be
perceptually identical to the straight sample playback of a particular
plucked-string instrument?

r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com