On 6/10/06, Simon Reinhardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Schika wrote:
> I have some releases where is also mentioned "executive engineer",
> "recording engineer", "mix engineer", "remix engineer".

"executive engineer" would be no problem to add too, since we also introduced that attribute for the producer type.
Though "recording engineered" and "mix engineered" was just changed to "recorded by" and "mixed by" and the majority agreed it means the same... please not that discussion again. :)

Sorry for bringing up the unwanted discussion again.

Here the some of the credits for the track "On the Seventh Night" by "System 7":
Produced & mixed by Steve Hillage & Miquette Giraudy. Recording engineer Greg Hunter. Mix engineer Dare Mason. Recorded in September 1992 at Butterfly Studios by Kris Weston assisted by Scruff, Neil Snyman & Jody Sherry.

"remix engineer" - isn't that a remixer?

Same artist just another track from another album: "Alpha Wave (Plastikman Acid House mix)":
Remix & additional production by Plastikman (Richie Hawtin). Re-edited by Steve Hillage. Remix engineered by Mickey Man.

I guess the "remix engineer" role points to S. Hillage's re-editing of R. Hawtin's remix, cause the Plastikman remix is nearly 20 minutes long and this re-edited version is only 10:43 minutes long.

However, is that an addition, an agreement or a veto? ;)

Agreement and addition. :P

--
.: NOP AND NIL :.
.: Schika :.