On 6/19/06, Beth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I didn't say only by the number of edits. That states contributions, there
are many ways to contribute. Zout happens to contribute with edits, has been
on the style council has done a lot for MB, I think that is a fair reason
zout's thoughts should have a bit more weight.

Thanks for the support, but I think everyone deserves an opinion. I
don't think my opinion should count for more, because we try to get
consensus, not count votes and let the majority have their way.

Speaking of consensus: we will never get it on this issue. Therefore,
I'd like Robert as 'style overlord' to make a decision so that we
won't have to discuss the same issue every month.

I've made a small summary, I hope I haven't forgotten any arguments.
If so, please reply and add them in one of the lists below.

The Idea: Keeping 'album version' in track titles as opposed to the
present situation.

Against
-------
- people like having the same track name for the same tracks on
different releases. this, however, is already the case for e.g. live
tracks on album releases and the same tracks on live releases.
- mostly used for tagging purposes, and people contribute to MB
primarily for tagging purposes, so these contributors should have more
to say on this issue.

For
---
- we loose version information when it's removed
- in line with 'state what is on the cover'
- when it's removed, a release can have two tracks with the same name,
making the track listing ambiguous.
- SameTrackRelationshipType is the AR that can state that two tracks
have the same content; no need to rename them all to the same name.

--
Jan van Thiel (zout)