On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 06:46:47AM -0400, Aaron Cooper wrote:
> I am more than happy having live recordings of songs titled the same
> as the original recording.  In fact, it works out great on Last.fm
> because the stats grow for a specific song whether I play a bootleg
> recording or the original.

> [...]

> This is unfortunate, but there isn't much we can do to differentiate
> the live tracks from the rest of the studio recordings.

Where's the consistency in this approach? You want identical tracks to have
identical names, except for when it benefits you? Why, other than your
Last.fm stats, should "Some Title" and "Some Title (album version)" not be
allowed when "Some Title" and "Some Title (live)" are, when in both cases
both tracks are identical?

--Nikki