I am starting to wonder if our current implementation of Artist quality is
good, after all. I have a feeling that, as this discussion showed us),
"freezing" an artist entirely is almost impossible if the artist is "alive"
(I mean, if there are continuously new releases of his tracks or his
albums). Furthermore, an artist who has been alive for a long time is not
going to reach HQ soon in MB (how can anybody be sure he has tracked all the
releases (tracks or albums) of Miles Davis, or of the Golden Gate Quartet).
But I believe we need a way to freeze an artist's "local" data (biography,
ArtistArtist or ArtistURL families of ARs).

--
Frederic Da Vitoria