On Dec 3, 2007 10:50 AM, Olivier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does that means you support Plan A.
> If so, can you detail how to address its issues?

I would curently prefer to treat every release separately and keep the
ARs redundant. For the future I see two possible solutions for the
redundancy problems:

1. Track masters: As soon as the same track is really the same entity
on different releases there is no need anymore to worry about the
redundancy as all ARs have to be added only once.*
2. Some automatic AR propagation as described on
http://bugs.musicbrainz.org/ticket/3029

Both solutions will keep the ARs available for every release and not
only for the earliest release as it would be the case with Plan B. As
long as we don't have the technical solutions I see no problem in
keeping the ARs redundant. And I especially see no use in removing
valid ARs!

* If this get's implemented same ARs on previously different tracks
will be merged. I think that's what Brian Schweitzer meant with "go
away eventually"

--
Philipp Wolfer