> Some of you already promised to help me with that.  From now on, I
> will accept patches (git pull requests preferred).  Please keep your
> git repository rebased on mine.

I have created a git repository to help you on this project:
http://repo.or.cz/w/libmpdclient/marc.git

It is based on your repository and I have done one commit to continue the
split of libmpdclient.
It creates three new files: connection, idle and return_element. The
separation is not perfect (for example some structures and methods in
connection will have to become private in the future) but it's a first
brick.

Marc