On 2008/11/28 00:49, Marc Pavot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are some commits on my repository that you may find interesting to
> integrate.

Thanks, I've merged all.

>       New disconnect event
> +       IDLE_DISCONNECT = 0x80,

This is a clumsy choice, since it will conflict with the next event
which may be added to MPD; if you change the numbers, the libmpdclient
ABI is changed.  Nobody forces you to sync these numbers with MPD, but
it would be nice, because you can just copy'n'paste the enum.

Maybe the special value 0x0 would be a better choice here; still not
elegant, but ok for now.  I think we will review the "idle" API when
we add real non-blocking I/O.  I'm not comfortable with callback
functions here, libmpdclient should be stateless regarding its caller
program.  Callbacks could be implemented in the higher-level
libmpdclient part.

By the way, we should add the MPD_ prefix to these constants some day.