On 2008/12/01 00:28, Marc Pavot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 11 other patches available on my repository:
>       Add unit tests to libmpclient

No recursive makefiles, please.  The patch contains 1 whitespace error.

>       Fix glib include
>       Change include guards
>       Convert MPD_INFO_ENTITY_ to enum

Applied.

>       Fix currentsong test

Fold this one into "Add unit tests to libmpclient".

>       Cosmetic

Applied.

>       Improve calls to mpd_executeCommand

Don't do several independent changes in one patch, under the
meaningless subject "Improved xyz".  The correct data type for string
lengths is "size_t", not "int".  Wrap lines which are longer than 79
characters (rare exceptions allowed, not applicable here).

>       Small performance improvements

Applied, but I removed the vacant summary "Small performance
improvements", and replaced it with the better description "Avoid
useless strcpy and useless strcmp".

>       Split libmpdclient: entity

Applied.

>       Bug fix

Applied, but removed meaningless subject line again.

>       Split connection into connection & ipc

All structs will become opaque (as I have mentioned earlier).  There
is no need to introduce an "opaque" (sturct mpd_ipc) and a
"non-opaque" (struct mpc_connection) part, unless you justify that
with other means (which your patch description didn't).

> What do you mean by ''libmpdclient should be stateless regarding its
> caller program'? Do you plan to remove the getNext* commands and to
> make the send* commands return data? In this case, how do you want
> to implement CommandList'?

libmpdclient knows the state of the connection and the server
(i.e. waiting for response?  Sending a command list?).  But it should
not have any assumptions on how the application processes
libmpdclient's responses ("regarding its caller program").  Callbacks
limit the way you may use libmpdclient; the high-level API (which is
yet to be designed) may callbacks.