> - I saw that your idle patch introduced inconsistent indentation
>  (e.g. mpd_glibStartIdle); please configure your editor to indent
>  with tabs.

I don't want to start a 'religion war' on this point but don't you think it
would be better to use spaces everywhere instead of tabs?
This discussion has already been done thousands of times by other people so
I won't say more but you can find a lot of projects using spaces instead of
tabs because tabs are always a nightmare for projects involving different
developers and for developers contributing to several projects. (spaces
indent makes you sure that the files will appear identically in any text
editor).

> - A commit should include a brief one-line description, followed by an
>  empty line, and a longer description following.  This way, stuff
>  like "git shortlog" works properly.  Don't write another description
>  in the email - a well-documented patch doesn't need further
>  explanation.

Ok. It's my first time using git but I will remember it.

- set "local" includes first, to test if the include file has
>  specified its own dependencies properly, i.e. include "idle.h"
>  before <stdio.h> and <string.h> in idle.c.  In return_element.c you
>  did this very well: "return_element.h" before "str_pool.h"
>  (str_pool.h was already checked by str_pool.c).

Ok.