Hello,

I attached a first proposal for a patch that adds icy metadata support for mpds
httpd output.

Here are some explanations on how the patch works:

httpd_output_plugin.c
- httpd_output_tag():
> builds an icy metadata string and sends a "struct page" to the clients

httpd_client.c
- httpd_client_send_response():
> sends an icy header if the client requested one

- httpd_client_out_event():
> counts the sent data
> sends the icy string if the client hasn't received one yet
> sends a zero byte if the client has already received the current tag

Known issues and improvements

- metadata will not be sent on the first connect of a client (easy to improve)
- icy string build isn't aware of NULL tags (easy to improve)

Furthermore I experienced issues with VLC, it seems it isn't able to read my
icy data but there are no sound errors, though. MOC for example works perfect.
Would be nice to get some feedback on the behaviour of other audio players.

Recommendations, hints or other comments concerning the patch are very welcome!
:)

Cheers,
Hagen