Ok I've separated it. Makes more sence but a also more work.
Setting format to 1 means that's an PCM_FORMAT. I've tested it only on
little endian machine
(8/16bit mono, stereo) and it wont work properly on the big one i think (i'm
not converting data).
I've never used those glib functions to convert from native to little
endian.  What do
you mean by byte order ? endianess ? Also it sets the data length in header
to a very
big number because when is set to zero libaudiofile will not accept the
format as valid.
I think i need to do more work about possible data conversion to make it
work on big endian
machines as well. Can you give me some advice to what function to use for
those conversion
(own, glib, system includes).

metyl

--
This mess was sent using 100% recycled electrons. If you want to get rid of
this mess just turn off your computer,