I think WAVe was designed by Micro$oft runining Intel and there is no way to
support other little endian.
I made convesions (glib based) from all possible sample_bits (8/16/24/32)
but i've tested only on little endian architecture.
I'll test it also on my router which is big endian when I get more time.
Anyway 16bit downto 8bit conversion isn't implemented so I haven't tested
this but its trivial case.

current version in git:

http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/metyl/mpd.git/

metyl

--
This mess was sent using 100% recycled electrons. If you want to get rid of
this mess just turn off your computer,