Hello *,

Finally I had some time and player with the null encoder. I've added option
to output pcm wave header on begining of
"encoding" so when configured in httpd plugin mpd can stream raw PCM as wave
files as well.
Example of usage:

audio_output {
        type                      "httpd"
        name                    "Metyl's punk library (Server 2)"
        port                       "8081"
        encoder                 "null"
        wave_header         "true"
        format                    "44100:16:2"
}

tested with

mplayer http://localhost:8081
mpd with curl and audiofile

When there is a change to get it into master I would be very pleased. I'm
using it to route audio from one mpd instance
to another depending on which one currently connected to amp. Yeah i know it
can be done via jack (or pulseaudio)
but configuring those is not easy and for such a task it looks like
overkill.

http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/metyl/mpd.git

metyl

--
This mess was sent using 100% recycled electrons. If you want to get rid of
this mess just turn off your computer,