On 2009/11/10 00:16, Metyl Methylius <the.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I've separated it. Makes more sence but a also more work.

+AC_ARG_ENABLE(wave-encoder,
+       AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-wave-encoder],
+               [enable the PCM wave encoder]),,
+               enable_wave_encoder=auto)

Why default to "auto"?  That "auto" value is never checked.  Make that
"yes".

> Setting format to 1 means that's an PCM_FORMAT. I've tested it only on
> little endian machine
> (8/16bit mono, stereo) and it wont work properly on the big one i think (i'm
> not converting data).
> I've never used those glib functions to convert from native to little
> endian.  What do
> you mean by byte order ? endianess ? Also it sets the data length in header
> to a very
> big number because when is set to zero libaudiofile will not accept the
> format as valid.
> I think i need to do more work about possible data conversion to make it
> work on big endian
> machines as well. Can you give me some advice to what function to use for
> those conversion
> (own, glib, system includes).

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Byte-Order-Macros.html

But first check if it's possible to specify the byte order in the WAV
header.  That would save some CPU.