Hi Tim,

This is the first time I've heard of a bounty related to mpd :-) There
is no harm in posting your bounty proposal to the list; since the code
is GPL, you are essentially donating money for the development of open
source software. That is cool.

I'll forewarn you that our community is very vocal about taking work
proposal ideas and suggesting changes or different approaches.
Sometimes it is possible to do most of what you want using simple
workarounds, or sometimes a project developer would prefer a different
approach. You might find that you can piece together a solution
without writing a line of code. So what we really need to know is,
what is your feature proposal?

I'd be willing to do some freelance work for a bounty, but it would
really depend upon what the nature of the work is, and how complex it
looks to implement it. Also, if I were selected as the person to
implement it, I would only proceed with the feature if it passes Max's
sniff test. In other words, if it seems that there is no way that the
code I write could be merged into the trunk due to a philosophy /
principle conflict, then I wouldn't develop it. You may be able to
find someone else willing to implement the feature regardless of
whether it gets merged upstream, but that is not me :-)

I have done minor patches to mpd in the past, and have a bitrotting
attempt at gstreamer integration somewhere (stalled due to lack of
time), so I do know a bit of mpd internals. I can send a resume if
desired.

And lastly, if your request is reasonably simple (a day or two of
hacking) and is something that I personally would actually use, I'll
do it for free. :) But of course, money helps immensely in expediting
stuff, so if you need it *now*.... ;)

-Sean