On 1/25/2011 2:03 PM, Sean McNamara wrote:
> This is the first time I've heard of a bounty related to mpd :-) There
> is no harm in posting your bounty proposal to the list; since the code
> is GPL, you are essentially donating money for the development of open
> source software. That is cool.
Yes, that is my intention.  I would happily pay a developer, make a
contribution to FSF/Linux Foundation
> without writing a line of code. So what we really need to know is,
> what is your feature proposal?
What I need is for MPD to retain persistent play history for a given
playlist.  The goal is to enhance the 'repeat' functionality so that a
given song would not repeat until the entire list had been played
through completely, even if another playlist were loaded in the interim.

For example, if playlist_1 has tracks 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D'; playlist_2
has 'E', 'F' and 'G'.
playlist_1 is loaded (with repeat & random enabled).  Tracks 'B', 'D'
and 'C' play.  Playlist_2 is then loaded and track 'E' and 'F' are played.
Finally, playlist_1 is re-loaded.  I want track 'A' to be played before
'B', 'D' or 'C' are played again.
> implement it, I would only proceed with the feature if it passes Max's
> sniff test. In other words, if it seems that there is no way that the
> code I write could be merged into the trunk due to a philosophy /
> principle conflict, then I wouldn't develop it.
I would, of course, want the code contributed back into MPD.  I have no
intention or desire to keep this a proprietary feature.

Thanks.

T.