On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 17:43 +0200, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2012/03/22 17:23, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkra...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > I took a quick look at the code, it seems it supports the pre-1.0
> > version of the standard (0xAA markers). I'll give it a test tomorow. My
> > DAC supports both version 1.0 and pre-1.0.
>
> It implements the newest spec I found, dated September 2011, announced
> on the dCS web site in October 2011.  Where can I find a more recent
> specification?

The closest I got is link which a sent to the list a while ago:
http://www.audiostream.com/content/usb-link-dsd-audio-pcm-frames-andres-koch
It isn't as clear as a 'real' standard but it contains the needed info.

BTW Max, it seems that the current 24-bit format for DSD-over-USB causes
problems with modern audio I/F (e.g USB 2.0 devices using UAC 2.0 and
some other FW devices) only supporting 32-bit samples (and sometimes
16-bit as well). So we could either switch to 32-bit sample format for
DSD-over-USB or let MPD convert on the fly. Personally I vote for the
32-bit sample format as most, if not all, devices supporting
DSD-over-USB will accept that format.

Jurgen