On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 17:13 +0200, Jurgen Kramer wrote:

> My guess this is either a timing issue (hopefully not) or
> somehow/somewhere the DAC gets non-DSD-over-USB frames every few frames.

Max,

I've added tons of debug prints to the code trying to find the cause of
the problem (DAC rapid switching between DSD and normal mode, no sound).
So far nothing solid. But I've noticed that when playing DSD files in
fallback mode (24->32bit conversion) every second takes about 4 seconds
(i.e. the second counter in GMPC shows each second for four seconds) I
think that is a clue what the problem might be.

More investigating tomorrow.

Jurgen