On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 19:43 +0200, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2012/03/26 19:37, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkra...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > In code it looks like this :-) The lower 8-bits are not used so
> > basically it's still a 24-bit sample (that sort of details you would
> > want to find in a standard).
>
> So I can just left-shift the 24 bit sample by 8 bit?  Neither document
> says anything about this, so I assumed it was not a legal
> transformation.  (I have no DSD hardware)

I can not vouch for that, I am neither the standard developer nor
intimate with the UAC 2.0 spec this standard was originally meant for.
All people who tested this are on Linux (AFAIK).

My guess is, it will work on all little endian systems.
Viewing a binary dump, data comes out as 0x00 L2 L1 MARKER etc.

Jurgen