On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 21:52 +0200, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2012/03/27 19:44, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkra...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Hmm something odd is going on when using the new code. My dac switches
> > rapidly between DSD and 176.4 mode not producing any sound.
>
> I don't see rapid switches in that log.  Please explain.

Unfortunately the problem is not visible in the logs. I did some more
testing yesterday adding debug messages in pcm_export.c. It seems the
shift works as designed but somehow the DAC goes in- and out of DSD
mode, switching rapidly.

My guess this is either a timing issue (hopefully not) or
somehow/somewhere the DAC gets non-DSD-over-USB frames every few frames.

Jurgen