Alex Farber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Sat, 19 Aug 2000:
> I am reading the mutt documentation already for 4 days
> (at evenings), but still haven't figured out, how do
> I sort messages from different mailing lists in different
> "mailboxes". I would like to set it up the same way, like
> it is done in Netscape: if "To:" or "Cc:" contains
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], then put the message not in the "Inbox",
> but into the "apache" file.

You can't really do this with Mutt.  A better solution is to have
something like procmail or maildrop filter the emails at delivery
time.  If you're using POP to download your emails, then you can't
make Mutt's built-in, very limited POP support to pass the mails
to procmail -- therefore it is recommended that you should use
fetchmail to download the emails.  It's better to use for this
purpose anyway...

> alex:Mail {187} mutt -v
> Mutt 1.0.1i (2000-01-18)

> Also, "subscribe" does not work for me:

The reason is above -- the "subscribe" command only appeared in Mutt
version 1.1.x (I forget what) and later.  I do recommend to you that
you do upgrade to 1.2.5, the latest stable release.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /