On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 10:30:30AM +0100 or thereabouts, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 03:36:52PM -0500 or thereabouts, Gary wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 03:14:22PM +0200 or thereabouts, Alex Farber wrote:

> > Alex, One of the best procmails / muttrc's that I have seen for the
> > newbieis from Telsa on her webpage. You can find it off of the
> > Mutt.org site.  She spent a lot of time commenting on every aspect,
> > and when I first started out using Mutt, I was able to pick up things
> > very quickly by seeing what she had written -- how it all fit
> > together.

> Thank you so much! That's how I hoped it would work :)
>
> Beware: it is for Mutt-1.0 and all the mailing list stuff will
> break for Mutt-1.2. There is a README on the mutt.org site about
> moving from 1.0 to 1.2. Eventually I shall move myself, and I
> shall put a "what this looks like for 1.2" version there.

> http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/BitsAndPieces/cave.html
>
> Telsa
>
> PS If you copy it, the other default you will want to change from
> mine is the printer stuff. "lpr" is much more likely than "lpr -P lp0"
> for most people.

 ---- Yep, I found that out.

Telsa, just wanted to thank you.  Your work has helped me
tremendously, and if it wasn't for your instruction and detailed
commenting on the "paperwork" side, and Glyn's Millington's immense
effort in personal time and help on setting me up file wise, when I
was a complete newbie altogether, I would have never started using
Mutt.  I now am extremely comfortable with it and have made numerous
personalized macros, additions, etc. You gave me an excellent track to
run on.

--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought:
I believe the only time the world beats a path to my door is when I'm
in the bathroom.