On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 09:52:52AM +0100, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 10:34:26AM +1100 or thereabouts, Rob Watkin wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 11:19:19PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > I use the w3m browser instead of urlview for this.  It works great.
> > > Simply pipe your message from slashdot to w3m, which displays the full
> > > text of the message, then type a colon (:).  This will cause w3m to
> >
> > I don't have w3c so I tried "|lynx" this opend lynx fine but it doesn't
> > show that page?
>
> I think this is because w3m is both a browser and a pager (a la 'more'
> or 'less'). Lynx is a browser only (well, for the purposes of that

well, not exactly.  w3m is (like Netscape) interpreting backspace-sequences
in its input as underline/bold, but that makes it not a browser since it's
not the defined behavior for html.

As I noted, equally-current versions of lynx can read stdin.  I use it
in another program for instance:

edit-file &cat "!cat " &cat $cfilname &cat " | lynx -stdin -with_backspaces -dump | "
%filter

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dickey.his.com