Shane --

...and then Shane Wegner said...
% Hi,
%
% Take a site like slashdot for example.  They send me an email every night

Very cool :-)

% with a list of today's articles.  The format is as follows.
% DeCSS Source Mass-Posted to Usenet
%      from the cat-out-of-the-barrel dept.
%      posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday September 10, @10:23PM (movies)
%      http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/09/10/2225214
% Western Union Cracked, Credit Cards Stolen
%      from the time-to-start-canceling dept.
%      posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday September 10, @06:07PM (internet)
%      http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/09/10/189251
% Are We Ready For Broadband Internet Access?
%      from the for-that-matter-is-the-internet-ready-for-us? dept.
%      posted by Cliff on Sunday September 10, @05:11PM (tech)
%      http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/09/09/1818217
% etc.

Sure; it looks readable enough...

%
% If I hit ctrl+b (spawn urlview) on a post like this, it gives me a nice yet
% utterly meaningless set of URLs.  Is there any feature which allows

I don't get it...  I ran urlview against this message and I got a nice

  UrlView 0.9: (5 matches) Press Q or Ctrl-C to Quit!

  ->    1 http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=3D00/09/10/2225214
        2 http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=3D00/09/10/189251
        3 http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=3D00/09/09/1818217
        4 http://www.cm.nu/~shane/
        5 http://www.gnupg.org

It looks exactly like what's posted in the message...

% pine-like url viewing?  Moving around in the message itself and spawning a
% browser.  If not, is there a better way to get an URL with some context.

Aha -- you want more than just the URL, then, because of "deficiencies" in
the /. mail message, right?  In that case, you'll want to just pump your
message through a browser that can pick up the plaintext URLs (though,
since you're in a tough boat anyway, you might see if /. offers an HTML
mail version and get it instead).  Try w3m and links, two text-mode
browsers that seem to be fairly capable.

%
% Cheers,
% Shane

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% Shane Wegner: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% Personal website: http://www.cm.nu/~shane/

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature