On 2000-12-04 11:44:55 +0100, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> My reading and understanding of the debate you had is that RFC
> 1847 requires mail clients to create messages that don't need
> conversion. This is what mutt is doing, right Thomas?

Yes.  In order to play absolutely safe, you may also wish to set the
$pgp_strict_enc variable, which will force quoted-printable encoding
in even more cases.  But that's not the issue here.

> My question to Sam then is: Why does courier choose to rewrite
> the headers in the body of the message? They are in the correct
> format, and all courier is doing is re-arranging their order,
> thereby making the message unverifiable. Why can't courier leave
> those headers as they are, since they don't _need_ rewriting.
> Isn't that a reasonable argument?

That's what I've been asking for from the beginning.

--
Thomas Roessler                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>