On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 01:27:28PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Sigh. The two of you have fought this out very bitterly, and I've followed
the conversations with interest, but it still hasn't given me a solution to
my liking. Here are my requirements:

1. Be able to use GPG and mutt, and be able to send, receive, verify and
decode signed and encrypted mail.

2. Use courier, because I like its design over most other MTAs. I could
choose to make this problem go away by using qmail, for example,
but I don't want to do that.

My reading and understanding of the debate you had is that RFC 1847
requires mail clients to create messages that don't need conversion. This is
what mutt is doing, right Thomas?

My question to Sam then is: Why does courier choose to rewrite the headers
in the body of the message? They are in the correct format, and all courier
is doing is re-arranging their order, thereby making the message
unverifiable. Why can't courier leave those headers as they are, since they
don't _need_ rewriting. Isn't that a reasonable argument?

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
> > Maybe we should stop mutual insults and come back to the facts which
> > are, actually, quite straight and simple:

[snip]

--
Anand