On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 12:32:51PM +0000, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> > My question to Sam then is: Why does courier choose to rewrite the headers
> > in the body of the message? They are in the correct format, and all courier
> > is doing is re-arranging their order, thereby making the message
> > unverifiable. Why can't courier leave those headers as they are, since they
> > don't _need_ rewriting. Isn't that a reasonable argument?
>
> Without looking at the entire message I can't say.  Possible reasons that
> can trigger rewriting are:
>
> * Unspecified content-type charset.  Courier will provide one.
>
> * Unspecified transfer encoding.  Courier will calculate the best encoding
>   and use that.

Ok. I've attached the message here. It has a Content-Type charset
specified. It also specifies a Content-Transfer-Encoding header. Both were
inserted by mutt. What courier did was not to change the headers, but to
re-order them, and that caused the signature to become invalid. So, the
question is, why did courier change the order of the headers when they were
perfectly valid?

--
Anand

test