Truong, et al --

By the way, would you mind setting your line wrap at 72 characters or so?
It makes it much easier to read, and most folks on this list are staunchly
ASCII-only and appreciate the formatting.

...and then Truong said...
%
% Petr Baudis [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
% > >
% > > I would like to view a resume of different incoming mailboxes just before
% > > selecting one. Some thing I would have with " [..]$ du $HOME/Mail/ "
% > > The command "mailboxes" is indicated in section 3.11 "Defining mailboxes .."
% > > mutt-manual.txt.gz . But it doesn't work .
% > Sure it doesn't? Try to press 'c', then '?' to list content of ~/Mail/, and
%
% Hi Petr,
%
% Yes, I know to run "[..]$ mutt -y" to list all files defined with the command
mailboxes , and also keys binding 'c' to change to others files then '?' to select one
. For this, the manual wroted by Micheal Elkin and others veteran mutt-users is quite
clear . Your idea about alias in bashrc is also a good point, I will put it in mine .

Good so far.

%
% Well, I missed some descriptions: as you see, each time the key 'c' is pressed (or
in console mode 'mutt -y'), we can see a resume of all mail-files with amount in bytes
. What I would like to see more is the number of mails in each file, something like
when I start 'mutt' without option and the $spoolfile is shown with that information
(number of mails).

I think I get it.  mutt does not know how many messages are in a mailbox
until it opens it, and it could be very expensive to open every mailbox
just to count messages before giving you the display.  Instead mutt
checks the access and modification times to determine whether or not
there is new mail (quiet, Rob! ;-) and can, of course, check the raw
size.

%
% I think of some macro menu format . There are surely already the solution(s) but I
didn't find yet in the manual, that's why I would like to learn from mutt-users .

Actually, there probably isn't.  This, like the "do I have new mail?"
topic,  comes up fairly often.  Most folks say "I want mutt to tell
me such-and-such" without realizing what it takes to provide that
information, but there's always some smart aleck (it was I last time)
who shows quickly and simply why it would take way too much time; after
all, mutt can happily handle huge mailboxes :-)

%
% I hope I explain correctly the question this time .

I hope I explained the correct answer :-)

%
% Thanks for your discussions,

HTH & HAND

%