At some point hitherto, mike ledoux hath spake thusly:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:40:30PM -0500, Derek D. Martin wrote:
> > There seems to be no way to make mutt include a forwarded message in
> > quoted text.  MUCH more often than not, that's the behavior I want, so
> > that I can comment on what the original writer wrote.  Maybe a way
> > does exist, since it seems intuitive that people would want to do
> > this, but I couldn't find a way.  IIRC, Pine (for example) has a handy
> > option for this.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  When I forward a message, it prompts me if
> I want to 'Forward MIME encapsulated'.  If I answer 'n', the text of the
> forwarded message appears in my editor.  It isn't quoted, if that's what
> you mean (it shows up between 'Forwarded message' indicators instead).

Ok, so I'm beginning to suspect that this, along with my .sig problem,
may actually be caused by post.el - a mode for emacs to edit mail.
I'm going to look into this.

[SNIP]
>     text/html; /usr/bin/lynx -force_html %s; needsterminal
>     text/html; /usr/bin/lynx -dump -force_html %s; copiousoutput
>
> When I get HTML mail it automatically gets passed through lynx and
> displayed in Mutt's pager.  When I reply, the output of lynx is quoted
> in my reply.  The 'needsterminal' entry allows me to explicitly view
> HTML mail in lynx, which I sometimes want to do.

The need to do that never occured to me...  How do you choose between
them?

> Pine's internal handling of HTML mail is much better than Mutt's.

Agreed.

> > Often when one sends an encrypted e-mail, one wants to send
> > attachments too.  Sometimes you want the attachment encrypted, and
> > sometimes you don't (or actually, I ALWAYS do, but I can conceive of
> > reasons why one might not, or at least not care).  Mutt seems to do
> > the latter by default, and there doesn't seem to be any way to do the
> > former in mutt, other than to uuencode all the files manually, and
> > paste them into the message that you're typing.  This defeats the
> > whole point of having PGP support, IMO.
>
> I'm not sure what you're saying here, either.

Ok, I may be confused about this.  Some of these things were items I'd
jotted down a while back, meaning to ask about them some time ago, so
I'm going from memory.  I don't send encrypted mail with attachments
all that often, so it's been a while since I had to deal with this one
specifically.  Next time I run into whatever this problem was, I'll
ask again.  ;-)

--
Derek Martin               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I prefer mail encrypted with PGP/GPG!