On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 at 13:40:30 -0500, Derek D. Martin wrote:
> Here's my current list of gripes:
>
>  - forwarded messages not included in quoting
>
> There seems to be no way to make mutt include a forwarded message in
> quoted text.  MUCH more often than not, that's the behavior I want, so
> that I can comment on what the original writer wrote.  Maybe a way
> does exist, since it seems intuitive that people would want to do
> this, but I couldn't find a way.  IIRC, Pine (for example) has a handy
> option for this.

set forward_quote=yes in your .muttrc

>  - sigs not included in quoting
>
> Occasionally, you run across a sig that's just damn cool, or otherwise
> warrants comment.  I can find no way to make mutt include the sig in
> e-mail, temporarily or otherwise.  I'm certain that Pine has a handy
> option for this.

This is the default.  If you *don't* want the sigs, the easiest way to
not get them is to have your editor strip them at -- .

>  - HTML mail
>
> I hate HTML mail as much as anyone.  Honestly.  But the fact is, a lot
> of people use it.  And sometimes, important people use it.  Yes, mutt
> does have ways to display these messages, but they are inconvenient at
> best.  And, AFAIK, mutt does not include a means of QUOTING these
> messages, when one must reply to them.  This sucks.  I'll grant you
> that I toss these messages out usually anyway, but I need to have the
> option of dealing with them if I need to.

text/html; w3m -T text/html %s; copiousoutput in your .mailcap

If I reply to an HTML message, mutt quotes it like it does for normal
text messages.

- jim

--
jim mock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://soupnazi.org/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED]