Jonathan Irving wrote:

> It's still an application/pgp message.

i've proposed to the dev list that this be changed before the next full
release.  it seems silly to cling to a standard that was withdrawn, and
that no other MUAs take advantage of / can read.

since pgp/mime is the 'standard', at least the 'non-standard' and
'deprecated' way should work in a way that is useful.

> As the various postings to this list suggest, if you're a mutt user
> (I've heard there's one other mailer that supports OpenPGP, and
> application/pgp is no more)

well there aren't too many, but there are some.
evolution (surprisingly) and sylpheed (IIRC) for *nix both have support
for OpenPGP, and there's a plugin for becky! (on windoze) that can do
this as well.

<rant>
the unfortunate reality is that most of the people who are doing stuff
for gnupg and such aren't that interested in making an easy to use
plugin for windoze.  while most of us (ie computer geeks / mutt users)
might not like windoze, the fact of the matter is that we have to
communicate with people who do on a daily basis.

it's going to be difficult to gain more widespread adoption for the
OpenPGP standards on windows until someone makes an easy to use (and
install) version of GnuPG for 'doze, and until someone makes a plugin
for Outlook Express for it.

so... in the meantime, i think we need to make our client play nice with
theirs.

'use mutt' isn't really something i'm going to tell any of my family
members anytime soon; ditto for most of my co-workers.
</rant>