On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:47:50PM -0800, Jonathan Irving wrote:
> Yes, but as has been pointed out a number of times, the patch
> does not cause the MIME type to be set to text/plain.

This is just wrong. Setting the mime type to text/plain instead of
application/pgp is the very purpose of the ``PGP Outlook compatibility
patch'' (which I call ``PGP compatibility patch'').

What has confused a few people is the fact that the patch is effective
only if both pgp_outlook_compat and pgp_create_traditional are set.

> The proposal is to dump application/pgp, and make p_c_t result in
> a plain text MIME type for clearsigned messages.

That's right. This can be achieved by integrating the patch into the
next full release of Mutt.

Cheers
Cristian

--