On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:27:34PM +0000, Paul Walker wrote:
> I just tried (piping your email direct into GPG), and got this:
>
> gpg: CRC error; 947beb - dc3947
> gpg: quoted printable character in armor - probably a buggy MTA has been used
>
> So something still needs some more work. (I'm using Exim 3.33.)

That's what I expected to happen when an email is verified before the
"quoted printable" 7bit transfer format is converted back to the
original 8bit text.

This conversion is (or should be) done in any case before viewing the
email, so I think you just tried to verify my email too early in the
process. Try viewing the message in you MUA and then piping it through
GPG!

What you observed is an issue inherent in the traditional way of
clearsigning but many MUAs handle it well (or so I hope).

Cheers,
Cristian

--

}{  Cristian Pietsch