On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Ken Weingold wrote:
> > I have happily used (and still use) Pine under Unix.  Since I work
> > with project partners that use MS-Office and other WIN2000 programs,
> > however, I now have to move primarily to a Windows environment.  I
> > work alot from home or on the road, live out of range of high-speed
> > Internet, and so need to work offline in store-and-forward mode.
> > Ten years ago I had MKS UUCP with Mailx under DOS 3.3, and this
> > actually worked reasonably well.  I am lost without vi/vim.
>
> Not what you want to hear, but any chance you could use a Mac?  With
> OS X, you'd be set.  And Office v.X is supposed to be great.

Some very satisfied colleagues have confirmed this.

Looking into it further, I find precompiled ports of vim, pine, lynx,
ncftp, and (in theory) procmail -- only in theory, because its ftp
directory is empty -- under http://www.osxgnu.org/software/index.html.
But no mutt!

Does anyone here know more?

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Birlinghoven Library, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft      mobile +49-171-408-5784