On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:15:28AM +0100, Thomas Baker wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Ken Weingold wrote:
> > > Ten years ago I had MKS UUCP with Mailx under DOS 3.3, and this
> > > actually worked reasonably well.  I am lost without vi/vim.
> >
> > Not what you want to hear, but any chance you could use a Mac?  With
> > OS X, you'd be set.  And Office v.X is supposed to be great.
>
> Some very satisfied colleagues have confirmed this.
>
> Looking into it further, I find precompiled ports of vim, pine, lynx,
> ncftp, and (in theory) procmail -- only in theory, because its ftp
> directory is empty -- under http://www.osxgnu.org/software/index.html.
> But no mutt!
>
> Does anyone here know more?

Mac OS X folks like myself are fortunate to have Fink
(http://fink.sourceforge.net) -- which is a port of the Debian
package management tools. I've installed precompiled ports of the
apps you listed as well as mutt (oh and procmail /does/ work - it's
preinsatlled) and haven't had any problems that weren't directly caused by my
newbieness.

--
Ryan Singer :: http://feltpresence.com

"The reason conservatives cohere and radicals fight: everyone agrees
 about fears, no one about visons."