I have been using Mutt on OS X. I installed it with Fink package
manager. If you use the sendmail that comes with OS X, then procmail
is the local mail delivery agent by default. It is already precompiled
into it.  With any luck you'll see that this is being sent out from a
"Darwin" machine in the headers.

So far my only problems with Mutt on Mac OS X have been: (1)
Misreading the documentation and failing to add "source
~/.mailaliases" to the end of my .muttrc to source my aliases
files. (2) The failure of the package to automatically compile the
urlview binary, thus depriving me of the ability to hit "ctrl-B" and
get a list of urls from a mail message. (3) No idea what I need to do
to get the F1..F12 keys working on an iMac Keyboard.

--
Josh Kuperman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]