On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 03:33:19PM +0000, jmc wrote:

> Sorry, it's running on GNU/Linux, no platform :-) <Home made.>
> Ncurses version 5.2.
>
> I really don't know anything about locale, I simply run the machine at
> UCT, and always compile with --disable-nls, because I only use US_English
> settings. If it's relevant I also have -LOCALES_HACK. Also I never had
> this problem running Mutt 1.2.25i, it's only since running 1.3.27i that
> it's started <although my libc was upgraded about the same time.>
>
> Tab expansion? Sorry, I don't follow. How could I check?

that's simpler to see (but less likely).  ncurses can be configured to send
tab characters (making some optimizations a little better), but not all
terminals/drivers are setup properly.  I'd just run mutt in 'script' and
see if the resulting typescript has tab characters (that would tell me if
I might want to look further, e.g., if tabs are expanded at every 8th column).

diagnosing a problem with the locale stuff is harder to see where to start...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net