At  4:09 PM EST on March 24 Rob 'Feztaa' Park sent off:
> Alas! Rob Reid spake thus:
> > If mutt could pass variables like the current folder to the environment, then
> > this "mutt needs a scripting language, but no, that's bloated, and
> > which one would we use?" thread would probably recur less frequently.
>
> I don't understand why mutt so desperately needs a scripting language.

I wasn't saying it does.

> What's wrong with the backtick evaluation that the .muttrc already has?

It's only evaluated at startup.

> Care to give some examples?

Check the archives, but something like extracting information from a message
and putting it in the right place.

--
"How can one live in this age and not be curious?"  - Charles Krauthammer
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/