Akkana wrote:
> On aanother thread, Simon White writes:

> > I always hit L to reply to lists, and hope that Mutt will reply as
> > intended.

> I'm generally very happy with mutt, but one thing I wish it would do,
> which apparently pine and several of the Mac mailers can do, is reply
> to lists without my having to update my .muttrc to tell it about every
> mailing list I might ever subscribe to.

pine doesn't have this function. even in more recent versions, which
have support for rfc 2369 headers, you can't 'list-reply' or
'list-post'.  you can, of course, group-reply, but you can do this in
mutt too.

> Is there a way to tell mutt to just reply to the address in the To
> line (or, perhaps, in the To or Cc line) and not to the sender?

how would mutt pick which?  it's not psychic.

> 99% of the time, that's what I want a list reply to do, and mutt's so
> configurable that I figure there must be a way.  I'd love to take all
> those "lists" lines out of my .muttrc and have mutt "just work" for
> all mailing lists.  (I guessed "lists *" but it didn't work, L said
> "No mailing lists found".)

how is mutt supposed to know which addresses are mailing lists and which
aren't? if mutt had support for interpreting rfc 2369 style headers, i
suppose it would be possible to make a guess in some cases.

note that you probably want to use 'subscribe' rather than 'lists' for
lists that you're subscribed to.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >