begin  mikea quotation:

> Something to keep firmly in mind when talking about this, and
> even _MORE_ firmly in mind if one is thinking about doing it at
> work, is that lots of places view circumventing the firewall as
> an indication that you need to work somewhere else.

In fact, since Perl was mentioned, we should keep in mind that Randal
Schwartz got convicted of a felony for bypassing Intel's firewall.
There's more than one side to the story, but the bottom line is make
sure your company allows what you want to do before you do it via their
network.

If they allow ssh, you're probably home free forwarding ports over it;
but if they only allow port 80, check and see if they mean "we allow web
use only" or "we allow anything on port 80".

--
Join the Sergio Brandano Fan Club:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/1999/debian-user-199910/msg00981.html