Hi,

* David T-G [05/16/02 16:39:20 CEST] wrote:
> ...and then Rocco Rutte said...
> % * David T-G [05/16/02 15:47:11 CEST] wrote:
> % > If you just want to relay instead of send, well, that's probably tough;
> % > that's what spammers do, and nobody likes that.  You have a Linux box
> % > with a capable sendmail; why not just send your mail?
> %
> % ... because there're blacklist available which lots of MTAs
> % may check a sender against. In most cases mails from dial-up
> % lines are blocked; as a side effect the majority of people

> Understood.

> % forced to use a relay are innocent and just want to deliver
> % simple mail directly. Out there are those few bad apples which

> Aha -- but then he should be able to relay, and so he should call his
> tech support and find out why he can't, no?

More correctly, he should be abled to use his ISP's relay
rather then relaying on his own, yes. I'm quite sure that
I've heard of providers not offering a mail relay to their
customers. You pay low money and haven't access to any
services (because there aren't any). But I think the
majority of providers offers such.

Depending on the quality of his ISP, he should get help. Maybe
he will have also have to figure it out on his own.

Cheers, Rocco.