On 2009-09-25, Wu, Yue <vano...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still want to say, if manual.txt.gzip isn't a real plain text,
> it should be renamed to a more proper and clear name. And
> please put a full version of
> manual.txt[http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.txt] on the
> offical website.
>
> What do you think?

I agree completely.  A user shouldn't have to jump through
hoops to look at the "text" version of the manual.  It should
be viewable using less, more, cat, vi, emacs, ed, mutt's pager,
or anything else.  It should be plain text without
printer-control-codes, vt100 escape sequences, postscript
commands, embedded bitmapped fonts, HPCL, or anything else.

Unless there are overriding reasons not to, I'd recommend
sticking with 7-bit ASCII or Latin-1 encoding.

If fancy formatting is desired, then generate a PDF, RTF, or
Postscript file.

We can live without a copyright symbol in the manual.  Really.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I KAISER ROLL?!
                                  at               What good is a Kaiser Roll